Here are a few quick tips that can save you money on your divorce if you contracted for an hourly rate.
1. Wait until you have several questions built up before making the call to your divorce lawyer. It will save money to ask multiple questions versus waiting as you get one or two here or there. You should write questions down before you call and be clear what information you would like.
2. Use E-mail whenever possible instead of the phone. Many lawyers do not bill when reading and responding to a simple E-mail questions. Calling your attorney to ask the same question requires more time to handle and interrupts his or her work.
3. Come to meetings and/or mediation prepared. Being organized will take less time, and will allow more to be accomplished at the meeting. Write an agenda down before hand of what you would like to go over is the most efficient way to accomplish your goals.
4. Do NOT fight over times that can be replaced. It does not make sense to spend $1000 to fight over the $25 coffee machine that Aunt Gloria gave you for a wedding present.
5. Be willing to compromise. Agreed divorces cost less money, period. Generally, the more that you are willing to compromise on, the faster your divorce will proceed.
Remember, there is life after divorce and the best revenge you can have is to live well. If you are looking for Long Beach divorce advice, or need help with your divorce lawsuit, contact a divorce attorney near you.